Michael Beaucaire, M.D. joined Memphis Radiological P.C. in 2020. Dr. Beaucaire received an undergraduate degree from Davidson College. He earned his medical degree from Rush Medical College and completed his residency in Diagnostic Radiology at University of Tennessee, Memphis. He completed his fellowship in Interventional Radiology at University of Chicago.
Dr. Beaucaire is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. His professional memberships include the American College of Radiology.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Transhepatic Portal Vein Embolization: A Review and Update.”
Co-authors: Wesley Angel, MD and David Fang, MD
– Presented as a poster at the 2018 Global Embolization Symposium and Technologies (GEST) Meeting in Miami, FL
“Advanced Practice Providers in Interventional Radiology.”
Co-authors: Wesley Angel, MD and Richard Duszak, MD
– Presented at the 2017 SIR Annual Scientific Meeting as an educational exhibit
“Recurrent Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Orbit With Spread to the Middle Cranial Fossa.” Co-authors: Adam J. Cohen, MD, Thomas R. Mizen MD, Vreem B. Patel MD, and Roham Mofkhatar MD.
– Multidisciplinary paper in the European Journal of Plastic Surgery
– Describes a novel presentation of SCC arising de novo from the orbit that has yet to been described in the literature. Relied heavily on CT and MRI findings. DOI: 10.1007/s00238-013-0902-8
“Focal Outpouchings of EVAR Graft Material Between Stent Cells Mimicking Type III Endoleak.” Co-authors: Wesley Angel, MD and Benjamin Holman, MD
– Presented at the 2017 Academic Interventional Radiology (AIR) Symposium in Washington, DC
Site director, SIR-RFS Regional Interventional Radiology Symposium Study.
– Hosted regional symposium, collected pre and post symposium surveys, collected data
– Part of a national study centered at Brown University
“Peripheral Vascular Disease.”
– Presentation delivered to attendings, residents, and medical students at the SIR Regional Symposium at University of Tennessee, March 2017
“The Role of the Interventional Radiologist in Bariatric Medicine.” Co-authors Wesley Angel, MD (UTHSC) and Richard Duszak, MD (Emory University)
– Presented at the 2016 Memphis Radiologic Society Meeting
“Interventional Oncology.” SIR RFS/MSC Lecture series
– Delivered to preclinical medical students at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, February 2017
“Utilizing CT-Guided, Percutaneous Cryoablation and Hydrodissection to Treat Both Accessible and Anatomically Challenging Renal Cell Carcinoma in One Kidney,” coauthored by Jamison L Wilson MD
– Poster presentation at Indiana University Health research symposium held at Ball Memorial Hospital in Spring 2015
“Outcome of Lobular Neoplasia with Surgical Excision or Observation”
– First author of the poster and paper. Co-authors are breast surgeons and radiologists
– Poster presented at the 2012 Society of Surgical Oncology (SSO) Annual Meeting in Orlando, FL.
– Written as a 2011 Summer Breast Research Intern at Evanston Hospital (affiliated with the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine) between MS1 and MS2 years
– Radiologic data is currently re-reviewed by radiologists at Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
“ACR Case in Point: Calyceal Diverticulum”
– Published November 28, 2016
“Comparison of needle revision outcomes following conventional trabeculectomy versus Ex-PRESS,” coauthored by Adam Breunig, MD and Steven V.L Brown, MD FACS, Section Chair of Glaucoma at Rush
– Presented at the American Glaucoma Society (AGS) 2014 Meeting in Washington, DC
– Manuscript submitted for publication
“Needle Revision Outcomes After Trabeculectomy Compared With Needle Revisions After Glaucoma Mini Shunt: Single Surgeon’s Experience,” coauthored by Steven V.L. Brown, MD FACS, Section Chair of Glaucoma at Rush
– Presented at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) 2013 Annual Meeting in San Francisco; electronic poster
“Explantation of Glaucoma Drainage Device Due to Incomplete Conjunctival Closure Despite Amniotic Membrane Placement,” coauthored by Steven V.L Brown, MD FACS
– Presented at 31st Annual ASCRS Film Festival, 2013, in San Francisco; video presentation
“Needle Revision Outcomes After Trabeculectomy Compared With Needle Revisions After Glaucoma Mini Shunt: Single Surgeon’s Experience”
– Presented this lecture at the 2013 Rush University Medical Center Department of Ophthalmology Annual Alumni Day.
“Retrospective Consecutive, Single-Surgeon Comparison of Short Term Trabeculectomy and Ex-PRESS Mini-Shunt Outcomes.”
– Presented a lecture, based on earlier research with Dr. Brown, at the 2012 Rush University Medical Center Department of Ophthalmology Annual Alumni Day
“Chicago Curriculum of Ophthalmology (CCO) Lecture Series 2011-2012: Glaucoma”
– Wrote the outline and PowerPoint presentation for the CCO lecture given by Dr. Brown to residents of Chicago Ophthalmology programs